Please accept our apologies for not sending an April prayer letter. We know that many of you have been praying for us, and especially for our support to go up.
We are pleased to inform you that our financial support level has now passed 95% and we have clearance to leave for Thailand! This is a great answer to prayer, and we want to thank you all for praying for us in this specific need. The additional support came in through a combination of new supporters and current supporters increasing their pledges. God is good in providing in his time, through your generosity! Thank you!
We have not yet bought airplane tickets but will buy them soon, after we wrap up a couple items here in the States. We expect to leave in May and will send out an email/Facebook update when we have an exact date.
HEALTH ISSUESDid you know that gardening is a dangerous sport? This past month, Sun pulled a muscle while pulling weeds, and was dealing with regular back and arm pain for a few weeks, some of which is still there. So that meant that Karl did double duty taking care of kids, doing domestic tasks, and trying to do some initial packing and prep for departure. As you can imagine, it is hard to prepare for a big move when the family is not running at full operating capacity. Please pray that the remaining pain in Sun’s arm would go away. Also, please pray for Joshua, who has been dealing with some low level headaches on a regular basis for a few months now. The doctor has checked various potential sources of the headaches, and he is now on some medication for migraines. It is hard to know how much the headaches actually hurt because he seems to complain about them most when we ask him to do things he doesn’t want to do, like go to school, brush his teeth, or go to bed. We want to take his complaints of headaches seriously but we do wonder if he exaggerates their seriousness at times!
An Extra-Long Home AssignmentBy the time we leave for Thailand this May, we will have been in the U.S. for almost a year and a half. This is quite a bit longer than we originally planned on being here. We’ve enjoyed our time in the States, and visiting with so many of you, but we are really looking forward to going back to Thailand. As a friend said, “That’s where you belong!”
As we transition to Thailand, please pray for the following:
1) Wisdom as we wrap things up in the States. There are some decisions that need to be made, and things that need to fall into place.
2) Our church ministry designation in Bangkok. We don't yet know what team/pastor we will work with.
3) Adjustment for the kids as we transition to Thailand & schooling for Joshua. We hope to do a combination of Thai school and homeschool, but don't know yet what school he will attend.
4) Karl’s preparation for teaching at Bangkok Bible Seminary this fall.
by Christ’s grace,
Karl & Sun Dahlfred
- Wisdom & God’ provision as we wrap up our time in the U.S.
- Renters for our house while we are in Thailand
- Our church ministry designation in Bangkok
- The kids’ adjustment to life in Thailand
- Our support has come in & we have clearance to leave!
05/2012 - We leave sometime this month
To Pledge Monthly or Annual Support, Please Visit OMF International